28 September 2011

Generation Sasquatch




So the other day I was watching a baseball game (what a fucking end to the season it is!) and saw another one of the "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials. I'm not going to name the product because I feel no need to shill for them, but I do really enjoy the commercials. They make me laugh. Poor goddamn beast.

But then something strange and wonderful happened. I had an epiphany. A fucking commercial gave me an epiphany! I turned to my BF and blurted, "We're not Generation X! We're Generation Sasquatch!"

It's true. Anyone who was a child in the 1970s (yes, I'm old) knows this. The heyday of Bigfoot, D.B. Cooper, the Loch Ness Monster, "In Search Of..."

I feel so nostalgic right now.

By the way -- there's a Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. Yes, really.

1 comment:

  1. I like that "generation sasquatch." I am familiar with the BFO. Did a bunch of research on cryptozoology a while back when I was writing that story...that was really fun. I too am nostalgic for the 70s. When my current craziness settles down I think we should start working on some writing projects again in this direction.

    ReplyDelete