16 July 2010

Amtrak Correction

I was seriously remiss to not mention this in my earlier Amtrak post: one wicked cool thing did happen during my interminable trip. I met a really awesome couple, Nancy & Harry from Toronto. We bonded over cigarette breaks and spent a number of truly fantastic hours hanging out, chatting, shooting the shit, potty-mouthing, bitching, celebrating, and just generally enjoying each other's company.

My Amtrak travels are usually boring, and as I said earlier, that's not necessarily a bad thing (excitement on Amtrak not generally being the positive type -- don't even ask about "Naked Guy"). But sometimes I meet really cool people, and this was the best.

So here is my shout-out to Nancy and Harry. Thank you so much for making my trip memorable, and let's stay in touch. Amtrak, represent!

2 comments:

  1. We had an awesome time with you also. Visions of naked man are becoming dim. Thats a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased to hear that you got there safely and made some friends along the way. Love the posts from the East - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete